According to reports, “at least 10” former palace staffers are “queuing up” to assist an independent inquiry
The Duchess of Sussex is expected to have a "brutal showdown' with Buckingham Palace over the 'bullying' probe. Mirror reported that she will be issuing a complete rebuttal of a series of allegations that she “bullied” her staff by demanding a “point by point” breakdown of the claims.
According to the outlet, though the 39-year-old has not yet been formally interviewed over claims that she created a “toxic” work environment while at Kensington Palace, insiders suggested that the two sides are heading for a “brutal showdown” after two senior members of staff claimed that they were bullied by Meghan during her time as a working royal. Mirror further revealed that “at least 10” former palace staffers are “queuing up” to assist an independent inquiry. The “review” of working practices is apparently being conducted by an independent law firm that was launched in March.
The findings were expected to be announced in the annual Sovereign Grant report on Wednesday but the probe is "ongoing" and may even be delayed until next year. A source told Mirror, "The feeling is this is heading for a brutal showdown between the Duchess of Sussex who is understood to be disputing all allegations labelled against her. The Palace is taking each and every allegation very seriously and wants to get to the truth of the matter and ensure those speaking up deserve to be heard. But Meghan is adamant the staff were not up to their job and could not deal with the pressure of working for her and understanding how she wanted things to run."
It all started back in October 2018, when Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were living at Kensington Palace. A leaked email revealed by The Times alleged that the Duchess of Sussex drove two personal assistants out and 'undermined the confidence' of a third member. Buckingham Palace said at the time that it would investigate the claims, adding that it was "very concerned" by the allegations. The palace further said that it "does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment". The statement added that they will speak to the members of staff involved "to see if lessons can be learned". Meghan Markle's spokesperson had previously claimed that she was a victim of a "calculated smear campaign" ahead of her tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, reported Mirror.